The Neighbourhood Centre opened its door to the public in 2014 and was officially opened by Bishop Ralph, Bishop of Hallam in September 2014.
The Centre is non-denominational, non-profit making and non-political.
The Aims of The Neighbourhood Centre:
- Provide a welcome to anyone who visits the Centre
- Provide a listening ear as necessary
- Provide tea and coffee in a relaxed atmosphere, where people can feel comfortable
- Provide a signposting service to visitors to enable them to access the various specialist services available
- Provide food bank vouchers
- Befriend individuals where needed
- Provide support for job-seekers, helping with application forms and interview techniques
- Provide good quality 'new - to- you' clothing and household items at reasonable prices
- Access specific information for visitors as needed
- Provide general information regarding facilities and services in the local area
In 2014 the Neighbourhood Centre received a ‘Pride of Doncaster’ award from Doncaster Council, and in the 2015 Community Volunteer Services Awards, the Centre was voted 'Community Group of the Year'.
Monday - Closed
Tuesday - 10am to 2pm
Wednesday - 10am to 2pm
Thursday - 10am to 2pm
Friday - 10am to 2pm
Saturday - 10am to 2pm
Sunday - Closed
It goes without saying that none of this could happen without volunteers and if you feel able to volunteer, please contact Angela Fox. Whatever you do, please call in and see the Centre at work, we can promise you, that you will be given a warm welcome.
The Neighbourhood Centre is situated in the precinct near the Oakwood Surgery, at:
10 St Wilfrid’s Court
Telephone: 01302 – 215690